When you go from being ‘in care’ to living independently this process should be gradual. Like any good parent we will do our best to help you. Throughout your time in care your social worker, key worker and carers should be teaching you life skills so that you know how to clean and budget etc. They will help prepare you for independence and support you so that you feel more confident about what lies ahead.
Here are some useful websites for care leavers:
- National Insurance Number
- Birth certificates
- The Who Cares Trust – UK-based organistion for children in care
- Beyond baked beans website
- Student recipes websire
- Channel 4 recipes website
- The Who Cares Trust – How to cook
Bromley have signed the care leavers charter. These are a set of promises that we agree to make to our care leavers. To read more about it please click here.