Bromley mentoring project trains adults to work with children and young people. A mentor is a person who guides a less experienced person by building trust and modelling positive behaviours. Mentors will listen to you and offer advice. They will help you to think about your future and sometimes you get to do fun activities with one another.
What are the benefits of mentoring for young people (Mentees)
- Raised self-esteem and self confidence
- Increased motivation and encouragement
- Educational, career and personal advice and guidance
- Improved social skills
- Someone independent from the local community to talk to
- Improved problem solving skills
If you would like to find out more about getting a mentor please speak with your social worker or your Young Person’s Advisor.